What is this?

A place for the YWP community to share tiny moments, ideas, stories, thoughts, questions, reflections, discoveries ...

A tiny moment, story

Don't harden your hearts. Your heart is too closed. You must listen! - Jonathon Brown
hi friends :) I'm in need of some advice if y'all are willing...what are some good ways to cope with depression? I've experienced it before but never this badly and I just don't know what to do anymore. If you have any suggestions, please tell me :)
Show all 13 comments
Hi Stargirl--I know this is really belated, but please never lose the idea that you're amazing and that you deserve to be happy. I haven't gone through something like this, but I know that it must be really hard--you are so strong and I really hope you don't forget to love and take care of yourself and know you're loved/cared about by others. I really hope things get better for you--I agree with Penelope on yoga; it might not be helpful for everyone but YouTube yoga videos can be really comforting since you have someone "talking" to you. I hope you find strategies that work for you and that you know you're not alone.
04/01/2022 - 12:24pm
TreePupWriter, thank you so much. You have no idea how helpful and comforting your words are.
Thank you
04/06/2022 - 9:40am
Question for y'all: what genre could you consider this? Gotta label it for a submission and I don't know if it's fantasy or something else.
I would consider it fiction
02/27/2022 - 3:52pm
I guess it depends a lot on how you wrote it-- was the focus the meaning behind your symbols or the story itself? Did it feel like you were writing one or the other? I think it sounds more like poetry because of the switching perspectives and the fact that it necessitates a bit of reading between the lines, and there's a lot of metaphor, but honestly whatever you want to call it goes.
02/28/2022 - 10:40am
helpppppppppp. if anyone is interested, i really really really would appreciate someone listening to a snippet of a beat i made for a new song. the problem is......i don't know what to do with it. if you're interested pls lmk i will be forever grateful :)
i'm happy to listen! :D
02/19/2022 - 9:05am
questionnaire time!!! :)
1. feel-good music genre?
2. if you could be teleported anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
3. you go out to a fancy restaurant with $500 in your pocket. what do you buy to eat/take home?
4. math is blue. science is green. what are history and english?
5. is anyone here synesthetic?
6. if you've gone through geometry, do you like proofs?
7. if you started a fashion line, what would you call it and sell?
8. how has your day been :)
Show all 11 comments
1. POP PUNK. just so good
2. onstage hehe
3. a chocolate lava cake & cheese fondue & bread
4. history is purple and english is pink
5. no, but i think it's so cool
6. ummm...no but i don't even want to know *gags*
7. i'd sell bucket hats and call it buckets & boho or something
8. pretty good! i'm really excited because it's show week for our spring musical :)
03/30/2022 - 1:49pm
1. anything pop rn or softer music
2. somewhere in england
3. sushi and ramen
4. i have english - red, and history - green so...
5. huh?
6. haven't yet!
7. not sure what to call it but i'd sell shoes and merchandise for the business
8. good so far :)
5.
04/04/2022 - 11:46am
Hey guys, I'm doing this event where I have to write a short bio and a long bio about myself. The short bio is supposed to be about 50 words and the long one 200. All the examples they give are of adults who have written books and done a bunch of crazy stuff. I'm stuck on what to write, I don't feel like I've done much :/ Does anyone have any advice or ideas?
I think that you don't exactly have to list alll of your life achievements and all that - bios are mainly just to let the reader get a grasp on what kind of person you are! So, I'd say just focus on what most stands out about you, the primary components that make up your character. Like, ___ is someone who has a passion for ________ and stuff like that.
02/16/2022 - 9:57am
Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Happy Valentine's Day :))
02/14/2022 - 9:10pm
Little holiday celebration - what's something that makes you happy?
Show all 6 comments
reading!
02/14/2022 - 9:07pm
making people laugh and listening to them laugh and laughing with them :D
02/14/2022 - 9:29pm
music! (esp karaoke nights :)
02/14/2022 - 9:33pm
talking to people! actually, everyone says i talk too much.. hahhaha
if you meet me in person i also laugh a lot
02/16/2022 - 9:54am
Talking with my two best friends about whatever.
02/18/2022 - 12:53pm
Visiting my chickens :)
02/24/2022 - 8:27am
Do you feel like Something is missing in your life? Do you just need someone to cheer for you? Do you feel down in the dumps? In short, do you ever wish you had an Inspirational Animal? Well, if so, YOU ARE IN LUCK! The Premium Inspirational Animal is available now!
Just put in your request below and the Inspirational Animal will appear and make your day!!!
Show all 10 comments
oh, i'd love to request one too! ^^ a rabbit, please!
02/27/2022 - 1:45pm
Sorry for the delay, I plumb forgot about this.
This started off as a joke(that probably no one would get), but now I want to draw all these animals too :)
The original Inspirational Animal, along with your requested creature, will be messaged to you as soon as they are finished.
This can be an ongoing chat, new requests are welcome!
(I can’t answer for myself as far as quick deliveries, but I promise I will keep a list of requests and update it XD)
03/12/2022 - 12:22pm
Does anyone have dystopian/fantasy book recs that aren't super popular? In a slump rn
Show all 9 comments
Don't know if these are popular, but:
- Gideon the Ninth
- Six of Crows
- The Stormlight Archive
- Mistborn
- Black Sun
- The Witch Boy
- Estranged
- The Thief Lord
- Nimona
- The Alchemist
02/08/2022 - 10:33am
@QueenofDawn, those are all amazing. I'd also add "miss peregrine's home for peculiar children." the entire series is well worth reading and a good way to pass the time
02/08/2022 - 10:43am
Couple more I thought of:
- Scythe
- Bartimaeus Trilogy
- The Raven Boys
- The Bear and the Nightingale
- The Language of Thorns
02/08/2022 - 12:15pm
I'd add the Adamic trilogy by Devin Downing. It's very unknown and has a couple of grammatical errors because of how small scale it is. But, I like it okay, it could have used another round of edits, but it's still a good book.
02/08/2022 - 4:31pm
Red Queen
Divergent (even though it is well known)
Like @Queen of Dawn said Six of Crows is AMAZING, and the author has other books set in the same universe.
02/12/2022 - 3:21pm
I liked The Rule of Three by Eric Walters! It's set after all the computers in the world suddenly stop working, focused on a small urban neighborhood that bands to survive. It's very realistic and well-thought!
02/13/2022 - 6:31pm
I'd 1000% rec V.E. Schwab's books for fantasy-- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue is soooo good.
02/14/2022 - 9:10pm
also Stung by Bethany Wiggins. and the sequel, Cured.
02/17/2022 - 8:48pm
the pretties series by scott westerfield is amazing!
03/18/2022 - 1:41pm
does anyone ever have a moment where you just have a sudden realization that you are alive, breathing, and the world is real? sorry if that doesn't make any sense but i always have these random moments where i realize that i'm alive. it's like waking up from the matrix lol
Holy moly yEs. It happens at the most random times/places for me, like in the school hallways or while going on a super long drive. But it's one of my favorite feelings.
02/07/2022 - 7:16pm
I do too! It happens a lot when I'm going up stairs or sitting at a desk! It makes me feel happy to be alive and really small in the world!
02/08/2022 - 6:21am
it's like--there's something inside your ribs, and it's beating, and it's alive, and there's blood moving in your veins and electricity in your brain and nerves always firing under your skin. it's as if you realize that you belong here, you always have, and you can't be happier that you are, because this life is worth it all in the end.
02/13/2022 - 6:33pm
Dana Walrath is sooo coolio
Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask for some advice about something that happened a few days ago. It started with a note in my locker from a secret admirer, I thought it was a joke but then I had some people come up and say that he likes me. The problem is this guy is a grade below me and I don't know if I like him back. Plus next year I'll be in high school and he will still be in middleschool! Plus one of my friends doesn't like him and some people are telling me to say no. What should I do?
Show all 9 comments
Hey! I'm definitely not very good at relationship advice, and I honestly have no idea what I'm saying. Maybe you can get to know him better first and build a relationship with him? Then you can decide what you truly feel about him, whether it be platonic or romantic. Emotions can be confusing, and it's completely okay if you don't really understand what you are feeling! In the end, I think what matters is what you feel, not what others feel and what they are telling you to say
02/05/2022 - 1:10am
Thank you so much!! This really helps! I think getting to know him better is a good idea but, every time he sees me he literally backs up into tables, hides or runs away lol i don't know how i'll ever even talk to him when he does this XD
02/05/2022 - 9:11am
I'm really glad you found it helpful! lol yes i agree it's hard to talk to someone when they're always running away when they see you :P hmm do you think trying to talk to him online might work? it's okay, everything doesn't have to happen all at once. I hope he'll start at least to stop hiding or running away soon :)
02/06/2022 - 1:22am
Yeah I feel like online might be better but I don't have social media (my parents don't let me) All I have is email and google hangouts - and I think he's the same way. But maybe after this weekend he will stop running away lol :) Thanks again for the help!! :))
02/06/2022 - 8:51am
its your friendly neighborhood spider man here. (SPIDER MAN SPIDER MAN... I FORGOT THE REST DAMNIT MAN). First of all, don't let your friends speak for yourself. Let yourself speak for yourself. Do some investigating and talk to the guy and get to know him. *reads above comments* oh ok i see now. well if your having a hard time talking to him, maybe you could send a note back? or talking through email/google hangouts would be an awesome way to talk to him (i know its old fashioned but it still works! i'm still talking to my best friend through email :). do keep in mind that once you guys starts seeing each other more and start talking, he will be more comfortable around you and he will stop shying away. once you know about his personality a little bit, ask yourself whether you want to hang around this person. if you decide to hang out with him, just say it to him or don't say anything at all and keep hanging out with him. if you don't want to hang out with him, just say it in a kind and thoughtful way. something along the lines of, "it was really nice talking to you and i think we should be friends bc (state the middle-high school problem you said above)". saying things in the nicest way possible helps bc being rejected nowadays can kill people's confidence completely and overall chances of taking risks of talking to girls/boys again. hope this helps
02/07/2022 - 5:13am
Lol Hi Spider Man :) Yeah I was thinking to send a note back but I don't know his locker number lol, hanging out with him might work, and talking thru email (I must say tho it's funny when he waits around a corner until I've passed by to run away ) Thank you so much, this does really help!!! :D have a great day!
02/07/2022 - 6:22am
(sry this is late but...) i think (if your thinking this) that you shouldn't like him just because he sent you a letter. and just remember friends come first!! but my mom is always telling me, you should have a short list of the people YOU like. if someone that is not on your list is like "i like you!" don't feel like you have to say "i like you too".
(even though you probably know this)
02/13/2022 - 11:36am
but this was really funny because my friend was planning to put a letter in their crushes looker XD
02/13/2022 - 11:37am
(It's okay sry I've responded rly late lol) Thank you so much! I'm actually so confused with who I like rn but I think I do like him! And...Were dating now! He had asked me to be his valentine then asked me out! And thats so cool, I hope your friend did do the letter!!! :)))
02/25/2022 - 1:51pm
Hi all,
I wish you guys success in everything you want to do today!
Also, today is Lunar New Year. Red pockets for everyone!!

(Sadly, I cannot attach emojis. I had to retype this three times because I kept wanting to at least keep the celebration emoji hahah
but in the end the error code won out)
This is 3 days late but happy lunar new year YWP!
02/05/2022 - 1:11am
gah i am *checks watch* 13(!) days late, but yay that means lantern festival tomorrow :)) Happy lunar new year! Gong xi fa cai!
02/14/2022 - 9:36pm
There's a lot of time I worry that I've lost my flair for poetry in between a good poem, where I write a lot of mediocre ones, but then I'll write something that I'm really proud of and it's such a reassuring feeling.
Yeah, that's understandable. But don't worry! You'll never lose your flair for poetry - and I'm sure all of your poems are good! Every post you make is powerful and your "mediocre" writing is probably just the same in that amazing thoroughness of expression and message.
02/01/2022 - 1:31am
10 questions:

1. Summer or Winter?
2. Dogs or Cats?
3. Writing or Typing?
4. Graphic Novels or Chapter Books?
5. Board Game or Card Game?
6. Outside Activities or Inside Activities?
7. T-shirt and Shorts or Jacket and/or Long Sleeve Shirt and Pants?
8. Pen or Pencil?
9. Chocolate Ice Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream?
10. Brownies or Ice Cream?
Comment which ones you like better!
Show all 11 comments
1. Summer
2. Both
3. Writing
4. Chapter books
5. Board
6. Inside
7. T-shirt
8. Pen
9. Vanilla
10. Brownies
01/31/2022 - 9:04am
1. summer
2. dogs
3. typing
4. chapter books
5. board games
6. outside
7. t-shirt
8. pen
9. vanilla ice cream
10. browniessss
04/04/2022 - 11:49am
What a talented species we are-
having learned to perform every single task
with only one hand!
Because the other is always holding a phone!
Fantastic.
Lol! So true.
01/26/2022 - 5:52pm
smh that is sad, but yes, true
01/27/2022 - 5:55pm
Currently, 12:00 am seeking inspiration while sitting beside my cat
write about whats its like having a companion by your side
01/26/2022 - 7:26am
Wow, you posted it at exactly 12:00 AM! A lot of my writing starts with a particular emotion I am feeling. You could describe a scene, use a scene from your life as a starting point.
01/27/2022 - 9:02am
Just a thought:

Retribution is a myth
built by those unwilling
to love again.
you know COVID's got to you
when you wake up on a saturday morning
and decide to eat leftover chicken nuggets
from a chinese place
with chopsticks
​for breakfast.
love this! (well, not the topic of course... but you know what I mean)
you described this particular habit so well and it was fun and quirky to read!
01/25/2022 - 7:50pm