What is this?

A place for the YWP community to share tiny moments, ideas, stories, things you see, feel, overhear, realize, think, wonder about ...

A tiny moment, story

I’m so angry. I’m so disappointed. I cannot manage to write anything more than 900 words and I cannot stop crying about it. God. Anything, universe? Lend me your wisdom and your open rivers of knowledge, for I am but a mere mortal, looking for the beginning, the middle, and the end.
Ugh.
Uhggg! I feel you!
01/15/2021 - 10:25pm
YES! Totally! Wish I could strike inspiration everyday but I end up writing and deleting the words on my tablet over and over again.
01/15/2021 - 11:05pm
same with photography. either i feel unmotivated or im not satisfied with my results.
01/16/2021 - 4:30pm
finished almost all my exams except for english ... I'm taking it an hour from now (I was supposed to take it on wednesday, but got strep throat instead, though that's another story lol) and I just want to be finished and then go skiing!!
Congrats on finishing all exams! I just turned in my last test and it feels GrEaT! Its the end of second quarter for me and gosh did time FLY. Anyways I don't know about you but I'm celebrating with ice cream later today XD
01/15/2021 - 4:43pm
Wow, congrats! Good for you! This is kinda late, but, still, good luck!! I’ve finished all my exams, too, but I still have some application stuff to work on. Once this is all over, I’ll definitely join the ice cream celebration @Treblemaker! XD
01/15/2021 - 11:07pm
yess!! so much ice cream was consumed this weekend ahahaha
1 day ago
my baby cousin is being born today and I can't wait to meet her :)

side note: bc of covid it might be months until I can see her irl (hopefully sooner!!!) but I cant wait to facetime and just have her generally exist
Show all 5 comments
OMG, what wonderful news! YAY!!
01/15/2021 - 12:46pm
aww yay!!!!
01/15/2021 - 12:56pm
So sweet!
01/15/2021 - 2:57pm
Yay!! She's going to have the best older cousin :)
01/15/2021 - 4:44pm
YAY!!! AWWWWW THIS IS SO SWEET!!
01/15/2021 - 5:24pm
In math trying to not get caught while watching the minutes slowly ticking away on my watch.
Good luck everyone!
SDJ 1/14/21
- I feel... vacuous.

that’s all. have a wonderful day everyone!
I'm sitting in my writing classroom and attempting to not be noticed while reading 'A Wrinkle In Time'. Average afternoon.
I hate writing about myself for school
Yeah, same! Sometimes I don't know what to write, even though I really should
01/14/2021 - 2:05pm
I feel you, especially cause sometimes I just don't want to share everything with my teachers but you're kinda being graded on it so you have to
01/15/2021 - 12:58pm
If you haven't already, go listen to Representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortez speak about her experiences during the Capitol attack. It's on her Instagram page but I am sure you can find it somewhere in other places. Highly recommend.
Question:
Am I the only person who listens to music throughout class without actually listening to the teacher?
Haha. I do that occasionally. I also go on YWP. They can't tell because all my classes are online:)
01/13/2021 - 2:27pm
Hi lovely humans. It's so nice to see the support and kindness here amidst... all the things. Just want to send a large hug from your friendly neighborhood 26 year old writing teacher who very much remembers high school, to say that you're on my heart these days, and that I wish I could hand each of you a custom potion to make all the weirdness easier and provide automatic good grades. I'm honored to get to work with ya'll and see your writing. Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow.
Show all 4 comments
Aw! Thank you so much. I am so excited for tomorrow!
01/13/2021 - 12:26am
Aw...Thank you! I won’t be able to attend tomorrow, but I bet it’ll be amazing!
01/13/2021 - 1:31am
Thanks! Can't wait for tonight!
01/13/2021 - 8:22am
Can-can someone work on that potion? I need it XD and thanks for the kind words!
01/13/2021 - 12:26pm
Update: I discussed the attack on the capital at school three times today! All three were informative and done incredibly well, especially the last, which was an all grade forum. The other two were individual classes, which I found a little annoying that they hadn’t coordinated, but different things were discussed. In general, I left feeling much more informed and safe about everything. I am so proud of my school, which is a little weird, but I am. :)
good!
01/12/2021 - 9:46pm
I hate my computer, I hate my phone, why can't I look away?
Show all 9 comments
So, so true. I can’t pass a day without clinging onto my devices as if they were some panacea that was actually pernicious.
01/12/2021 - 12:04am
There’s a really good documentary about technology, and how it affects us, called ‘the social dilemma’. They interview lead developers of tech who talk about how it’s designed to draw us in. (It’s on Netflix)
01/12/2021 - 9:07am
I haven’t actually seen it yet but my mom says it’s really good.
01/12/2021 - 9:07am
Technology is only going to become more ubiquitous in the future. *sighs* sometimes I want a no wifi day. Just relaxing with plants and stuff. idk
01/12/2021 - 11:10am
Ooh I've watched the social dilemma. I don't have a phone but when I get one I am rly going to limit myself, maybe by not getting any socials? Thoughts?
01/12/2021 - 1:30pm
Yes I watched 'social dilemma' it was so eye opening. @Frostbite I'd recommend no social media apps (save for messages) because it distracted me SO much so I deleted them. And make it a habit to put your device on silent when doing work/studying/overall focusing, I've been trying it lately and it totally helps me :P @misticat can I join you for no wifi day? it sounds really relaxing :)
01/12/2021 - 7:06pm
I loved the Social Dilemma! @Frostbite, I have most social media and I would say that if you do want to be active, don't do it until you are in high school. I consider myself pretty good at moderating tech usage and I think its because I didn't grow up with tech and social media. Thats just how I see it. The study tips Treblemaker has are super helpful too. Also, don't sleep with your devices in your room! I turn everything off at 8 (unless I have schoolwork or some extenuating circumstances) and it really helps.
01/12/2021 - 7:43pm
@LadyMidnight, same! I think I’m, all in all, pretty well-controlled when it comes to technology.

@Frostbite: I don’t have any social media, and I never felt the lack of it, or the need of it, because I grew up not using it. I suppose living under a strict household has its pros. Now all my friends have it and use it to communicate, so sometimes it’s hard, but friends aren’t for social media, are they? My parents actually let me try it for some time, and I immediately deleted the apps. I didn’t really like them, and I knew that if I kept going, I’d be so deep in social-media world I wouldn’t be able to focus on my things. I always turn off my devices at nine, sharp, and use them only for schoolwork, music (includes K-Pop browsing, but for limited amounts of time), and alarms.

also, if you have an apple device, set Screen Time. It’s something that monitors your screen time, social media usage, and others. You can limit your time on screen, block adult websites, set time limits for apps or social media apps, and other limiting things. you can set it yourself with your own password or ask your parents to set it for you so you won’t be tempted to unlock it. I set it on myself, and it’s great reminder that I’m spending too much time on my screen, etc. Hope this helps!
01/13/2021 - 1:28am
Really helpful, I think my brothers both got phones in eighth grade or so and didn't start using social media until high school. Thanks for all the tips! Really helpful!
01/13/2021 - 8:25am
Online school.... so we meet again
Show all 4 comments
Indeed. The amount of disdain I feel towards online school will never change.
01/12/2021 - 12:03am
Yes, totally agree. A few of my friends have told me that they like online school, which I will never understand.
01/12/2021 - 7:07am
I hate this. My brain has exploded lol
01/12/2021 - 11:27am
Agreed my brain also exploded. Also my back hurts from sitting for so long ugh, I prefer in person.
01/12/2021 - 10:29pm
Hi, I know I haven't been on in a while. School is stressful. Just wanted to let y'all know that I still exist. I might post a poem that I wrote for school. Stay safe everyone!
Welcome back! I'd love to read your poem! Sorry about school!
01/11/2021 - 9:52pm
Hi! Welcome back! I would love to read the poem! I agree, I’ve sort of been on a hiatus for writing, things are pretty stressful right now. Hopefully school will become less intense for you soon! *sends ice cream and hugs*
01/12/2021 - 12:01am
:D I'm glad your still around and writing. Hopefully school will get a bit less stressful soon! be well!
01/12/2021 - 10:30pm
Ok, so I know bragging is bad form, but I just had to share some exciting news! My college essay was chosen as a finalist in the New York Times Personal Narrative Contest!
Show all 16 comments
Yay! Congrats!!!
01/12/2021 - 9:47pm
Celebration indeed! That's so exciting! :D
01/12/2021 - 11:10pm
Here's a conversation between me and my younger sister:
Sis: want to hear a joke?
me: Sure
Sis: Ask me if I'm a tree
me: *confused* are you a tree?
Sis: ...nooo

*proceeds to roll on the floor cackling because the joke was so not funny it was funny. Me laughing at her reaction*
Show all 6 comments
XD I love this. Sisters have some sort of bond that makes every joke funny I think. Lol
01/11/2021 - 8:44am
This is hilarious! I wonder if the next generation will have a even weirder sense of humor than ours:)
01/11/2021 - 12:46pm
This is so hilarious! Me and my sister have the most not-funny-it’s-funny jokes, too!
01/11/2021 - 1:44pm
Haha
01/12/2021 - 1:34pm
I cackled at this and tried it on family and friends who thought i was insane.
01/13/2021 - 1:49pm
XD heeheehee
my sister is still little so she doesn't tell great jokes yet, but we have had many similar interactions. :):):)
01/13/2021 - 6:59pm
I just received an email this morning saying I got into Carnegie Hall! I’m so happy, this practically made my first-half-of-the-year!
Show all 12 comments
Wow, Moonsand!! That is so cool, congratulations!!!
01/12/2021 - 11:58am
wow that's amazing!! :)
01/12/2021 - 1:27pm
i saw Soul last night and now all i can think about is my purpose in life, which is leading me down paths shaded with colors i have never seen before. this is insane. don't have a conclusion yet, once i figure out the meaning of life i'll get back to you all on that ;)
Soul was delightful! Can concur with the *mind blown* feeling. :)
01/12/2021 - 11:11pm
just finished my bio final, and i feel like this whole year is just dragging down my grades. like next year i start really thinking about my future, and all ive learned this year is how far six feet really feels.

i just wish there was an easy answer to helping out all the students struggling the same way i am...

or maybe just an answer in general.
Yes ditto, this whole year was draining and school/grades were trying to stay a float the entire time, very unnecessarily difficult. I've found zoom study groups to be a life saver, also procrastination... that seems to help (not really but lets pretend bc maybe it will come true) XD
01/10/2021 - 12:10am
Yeah, I just submitted my biology summative today. Yikes. This year is doing a number on my mental health...
01/11/2021 - 10:04pm
Words I just can Not spell right now:
-Recommendation ... recomdation, recomenation???!
-preferred...prefferd, prefered?!
-asynchronous... I've given up to just writing asyncXD
exercise - excersize, ecsersise?
weird - wierd, weerd??
and many, many more.
01/11/2021 - 1:47pm