What is this?

A place for the YWP community to share tiny moments, ideas, stories, thoughts, questions, reflections, discoveries ...

Art by Ice Blink; Banner by laurenm

A tiny moment, story

Mitigating climate change is n longer about saving the world for future generations, it's just about saving the world. It's supposed to reach 109 in Seattle on Monday. And I am having a panic attack. For perspective Seattle usually has summer highs in the mid 70s
I can relate to this. Every year in California it gets hotter and hotter. The last weeks had highs of around 105 and summer barely started. Fire season used to start around September, now it starts as early as July and ends in October. It's sad to see national parks have less and less water and become more dry
06/26/2021 - 12:36pm
Have you watched the documentary 'An Inconvenient Truth'? It is startling and eye-opening. The fact that everyone easily notices the changes now proves how risky our predicament is. Right now, I'm trying hard to reduce my family's carbon emissions; we were very frugal with the resources we used before, but we are now more cautious than ever.
06/26/2021 - 6:40pm
109 oh my goodnessss. Completely agree the fact that we actively feel the affects of climate change is very alarming, also that some notice it and don't find it alarming is also, well, alarming. I want to go into environmental studies in the future and go into like renewable energy/green management, or maybe get a solor panel car... that would be epic XD
06/27/2021 - 11:14pm
logging onto the site today was like getting one of those hallmark cards that you think has 2 dimension drawings but is actually an even cooler 3 dimensional image with like glitter and some candy. Awesome way to end the day XD
What a great way to describe it! I felt that way, too!
06/24/2021 - 4:32pm
sometimes i think i'll never love another person more than i do music, hockey, or writing
I have my first actual person photoshoot w/ people that I don't know today. It's raining. we have a rain plan (: I made a poncho for my camera out of a plastic bag and I'm probably going to get soaked but oh well.
That’s super cool! Congrats!! If your posers are okay with it you should totally post a few of the photos on YWP. I would love to see them. Good luck!!!!
06/21/2021 - 5:02pm
Thank you (: It went well and I'm happy with the photos, I'm not going to post them anywhere because it was a family photoshoot but maybe if I can get more people to model for me I can post those ones
06/22/2021 - 1:06pm
Hotdogs are soft tacos I am openly weeping.
Ah ewww that was so uncomfortable to like, understand waht.
06/21/2021 - 11:32pm
This is so weird and random XDDD I do not understand it at all. :P
06/24/2021 - 7:19pm
you can tell how fancy a place is by how confusing flushing a toilet becomes.
Show all 5 comments
yea like a gas station can be fancy right?
06/21/2021 - 1:56am
if I can't figure out the flush mechanism then definitely XD
06/23/2021 - 7:53pm
okay, not exactly the same, but ya know that feeling when you reach to one side of the toilet for the flush because that’s where it always is, but all you feel is empty space because it turns out it’s on the FREAKING OTHER SIDE?! it’s so terrifying.
06/23/2021 - 8:17pm
In the airport I used the bathroom and couldn’t figure out how to flush. There was literally zero buttons/levers/visible flushing mechanisms. I eventually gave up and as I turned away from the commode it flushed on its own. {:l then I washed my hands at a sink with no knobs. Then I found the paper towel dispenser had no visible operation system. I stared all around it for maybe a minute or so, as a few people glanced at me in confusion. I gave up and walked out of the bathroom drying my sopping wet hands on my pants. The End.
06/24/2021 - 7:17pm
Sometimes I don't see levers or buttons and then I walk away from the toiler and it flushes! WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO BE SO COMPLEX NOW! WHY!
06/26/2021 - 3:10pm
Summer is so confusing for me, too many things going on...
questions :)

1. Song your obsessed with at the moment
2. place you want to visit
3. chore you have to do but are avoiding
4. most poetic weather
5. food you hate
Show all 10 comments
1. Shots by Imagine Dragons
2.I have no idea...
3.I don't do chores
4. A starry night
5. No meat meatloaf(me and my sister ate that and then my sis puked):
06/26/2021 - 3:14pm
1. 'Bad Habits' by Ed Sheeran
2. Provence, France
3. Cleaning things (bedroom, dishes, bathroom, laundry... etc)
4. Weird clouds at sunset
5. SOUR GUMMY WORMS ARE DISGUSTING
06/30/2021 - 5:23pm
oh gosh, i haven’t been on YWP in FOREVER. things have been so busy lately.
i’ve missed this place and all of it’s wonderful people so much!! just wanted to say that i’m back and will be spending some more time here :)

anyhow, have an amazing week and summer, y’all!
Show all 4 comments
Hi Moonsand! We;ve missed you too and glad to have you back!
06/18/2021 - 12:40pm
Yay, happy that you're back!
06/19/2021 - 9:56pm
Hi, welcome back! I haven’t been on here in a while, either, and I totally agree! I’m so happy to be back with all you awesome people!
06/20/2021 - 9:09pm
Same! things have been busy! glad to have you back!
06/20/2021 - 10:44pm
Hi! I just got (all four) of my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, and it's...interesting. Has anyone else here gotten your wisdom teeth removed?
Show all 4 comments
I felt that I also got all 4 wisdom teeth out. ate ice cream and potatoes for a few days afterwards XD hoping for a speedy recovery :)
06/18/2021 - 12:40pm
Oof. no I haven’t but I did have to get 4 back molars removed (all at once) then surgery taking out another one. Anyway, I don’t know about wisdom teeth, but that cold jello chocolate pudding stuff you get at the grocery store is AmAZiNg xD Hope you feel better soon! :)
06/18/2021 - 2:17pm
Yes! I had all four of mine out as well. It actually wasn't too bad for me. I was so drugged up. I don't remember a thing. It hurt a bit afterward, but not as much as I was expecting! I hope the recovering is going well!
06/18/2021 - 6:05pm
@Treblemaker - I've been eating a lot of ice cream lately, but so far haven't had potatoes...
@Ice Blink - Agh! Taking out 5 teeth sounds miserable! Before my surgery I also loved the pudding, but now I have a complicated relationship with it-
@Yellow Sweater - Lucky! My first day was like that too, and I agree; it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would!
06/21/2021 - 1:57pm
Apparently, I am craving Scandinavia today lol. I have been reading Tomas Transtromer and listening to Asgier. It's quite a nice aesthetic to immerse yourself in.
complete the sentence XD
1. the best place to relaxed is...
2. you know your a harry potter fan when...
3. The worst place to sneeze is...
6. you know its a great day when...
4. the best kind of pet is...
7. you know your done with covid when...
8. the weirdest food combination you've heard of is...
9. You know your a poet when...
Show all 8 comments
1. The hammock (just don't fall off)
2. The thing you shout when you're startled is 'Expeliarmus'
3. In the middle of SBACs
4. You don' immediately have panic attack about owed work
5. Soft, cuddly, cute, dangerous. So a cat :)
6. You have a mental meltdown about the fact that your mask won' t stop slipping
7. Club crackers & chocolate
8. When you try to write a sentence it sounds like a poem
06/15/2021 - 12:38am
1. on a couch
2. you've read the series 5 times...
3. while taking a test in in-person school
6. you feel happy all the time :)
4. uMmMMMmMm i love cats and dogs, but i'm going to have to go with a dog...
7. you start missing all the dramatic kids at school-
8. salsa and Oreos.........diSgUsTiNg
9. random lines of poetry just pop into your head at the most random times or you say something and realize it could work in a poem
06/15/2021 - 1:47pm
1. reading upside down on my bed
2. they haven't read the PJ series ;-;
3. during zooom
6. you finish a poem
4. one that doesn't exist
7. you curse the store that restocks the gatorade late
8. cream cheese and chips
9. you work on a poem for the next three months
06/15/2021 - 2:12pm
1. on the floor or in the kitchen
2. you constantly lament the fact you haven't received a letter from Hogwarts (and start hearing Hagrid in your head whenever anyone says the word "wizard")
3. within my parents earshot
6. it's only 11 am and yet you've been more productive than you've been the past two weeks
4. someone else's incredibly cute thing (not picky here) that you can coo over but don't have to take care of :D
7. everyone in your house is screaming
8. nutella and durian
9. you're on google hangouts with your friend in a free period and start spouting out a poem from nearly nowhere (this is how you also know you have a brilliant best friend for tolerating it all the time)
06/15/2021 - 8:48pm
1. Outside on a summer evening
2. Your reasoning for everything you do is your Hogwarts house xD
3. Anywhere during covid
6. when your generally just happy
4. one you can cuddle with
7. You get anxiety from being in a Walmart with lots of people
8. idk
9.you find something poetic in everything
06/15/2021 - 9:16pm
1. face down on any tiled/wooden/cold floor.
2. can recite the Harry Potter in 99 seconds song flawlessly.
3. the middle of a silent exam.
6. you are content with what you've done for the day.
4. a fluffy, friendly, hypoallergenic dog would be ideal though I'm convinced they don't exist
7. you wonder why the people on tv aren't wearing masks even though the show is ten years old.
8. Oreos and Orange Juice.
9. ...you write a poem? xD
06/15/2021 - 9:31pm
1. hammock listening to music
2. you can sort a person into a house five minutes after meeting them
3. on the hockey rink while holding the blue line as the puck comes towards you by the other team's bench
6. your fingers are bleeding from playing guitar so much
4.one that can teach me to flyyyyyyy
7. your mom won't let you have friends inside the house bc they aren't fully vaccinated
8. popcorn and parmesan cheese
9. words from everyday life format themselves into stanzas and phrases in your mind constantly
06/16/2021 - 11:22am

1. On the cool rug or upside down in a hammock in the shade
2. You have the entire theme song memorized and stuck in your head for months after you watch the movie and you’ve read/watched the series at least 6 times over the course of 4 years
3. During the middle of recording an 8 minute long piano song that had been going perfectly up to that point
6. You have already gotten all your chores/homework/boring/need to be done stuff done before 9:00 and you have a good project going that you’re motivated about
4. The kind that snuggles purrs and gets grumpy AKA cat xD
7. You smile at everyone you meet/pass waaayyyy to much beneath your mask in need of any social anything whatsoever
8. Chocolate chip cookies dipped in over sugared lemonade
9. Every sentence you write gets read over and over by you and therefore stuck your head with the probability of being turned into a poem
Thanks! That was fun XD
06/16/2021 - 6:37pm
Did you know that "HOMEWORK" backwards is "KROWEMOH" which means child abuse in latin?
Show all 4 comments
makes sense haha
06/14/2021 - 9:08pm
as someone currently learning latin, i - wow. suddenly i’m EXTREMELY interested in the latin language lol
06/17/2021 - 1:05pm
im taking latin 1 but i'm on break so i'm gonna ask my teacher to confirm when i get back ;)
06/17/2021 - 5:28pm
That's... Sad
07/09/2021 - 7:59am
reflecting, my poems have really evolved as my mental health has improved, skill and subject!
That is so awesome!! I’m happy for you :D
06/19/2021 - 8:13am
three days left of school, annoying classmates, and sitting in the back reading! I'M ALMOST fReEeEeeeEEeEEE
Ah! That’s awesome! Yesterday was my last ever school day as a freshman xD
06/11/2021 - 11:12am
Hello!
*friendly smile*
...........
I don’t really have anything to say. Except that.
And to warn people that I periodically do this. {:[]
Show all 5 comments
hi :)
06/11/2021 - 6:12pm
why hello!
06/17/2021 - 1:05pm
Greetings! :)
06/20/2021 - 9:10pm
So many friendly people @[email protected]
06/24/2021 - 7:32pm
Aloha! ~_~
07/09/2021 - 8:00am
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH WORLD (or everyone that comes on here) I came out to my parents about being gender fluid so yay me!! and i use they/them pronouns now so i just wanted to say that *waves pride flag in air*
Show all 12 comments
Congratulations!!! Happy Pride Month!!!
06/14/2021 - 2:03pm
CONGRATSS!!! THat’s very brave! I’m so happy for you! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
06/17/2021 - 1:06pm
So I am doing this project for school that is about what it means to be human. I was wondering what other people think about this subject.
I just checked out of high school. Bizarre lol.
Show all 9 comments
wow!
06/08/2021 - 2:17pm
Ahhhh!! It must feel so surreal! Congratulations on graduating! I know you'll do such cool and amazing things in college :)
06/08/2021 - 3:43pm
it's all going so fast! Congrats!
06/08/2021 - 6:18pm
eek, congrats!
06/09/2021 - 4:18am
siiick
06/09/2021 - 4:33am
Congrats!!
06/09/2021 - 9:11am
Jeez that’s awesome!! Congrats xD
06/09/2021 - 1:27pm
YYYAAYYYYY!!! Congrats Yellows!!! You so deserve this *blows party thingie*
06/10/2021 - 1:58am
CONGRATULATIONS!!

@Treblemaker, i was TODAY years old when i realized that those party horn thingies are BLOW TICKLERS. they say you learn something new everyday...
06/17/2021 - 1:07pm
Happy pride month! What are peoples pronouns? Just asking so I/others don't use incorrect ones. :] (i don't really mind myself)
Show all 12 comments
him/he
07/09/2021 - 8:02am
Am I like the only boi on YWP?
2 days ago