Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks!

The last time I was at a special event was a Boston Red Sox baseball game. They were playing the Houston Astros.

We got up at 5:00 in the morning. We drove to the airport to get a rental car, then we started the four and a half hour car ride to Boston.

After what seemed like forever, we pulled into the parking garage. As I walked onto the street, it was amazing. The loud noise of seemingly endless people and traffic. The smells coming from food vendors along the streets by the stadium. It was as if all the sounds and smells of the world were amplified by 20!

As we walked through the gates, I suddenly smelled the unforgettable aroma of hot dogs and peanuts. The smell of Fenway Park.

We went to our incredible seats directly next to the Green Monster and watched batting practice, desperately trying to catch balls hit into the stands.

After batting practice, the game started. We had this group of unbearable Astros fans sitting behind us who screamed whenever the Astros got a hit, no matter how much the Astros were losing by. But even that couldn’t have possibly done anything to make the game any less amazing than it already was.

For almost the whole game, the Red Sox and the Astros were tied. The game went into extra innings and the Red Sox hit a walk off double in the eleventh inning. The crowd went INSANE! It was some of the loudest noise I have ever heard. I loved it!

It was amazing and an unforgettable experience. Go Red Sox!