Writing on the Roof #3 - Exploring Poetry with Alexandra

WRITING ON THE ROOF is a series of writing workshops hosted by Young Writers Project in the rooftop conference room of the Karma Bird House, YWP's home base, at 47 Maple Street, Burlington. Seating is limited, so please sign up today

WORKSHOP #3: EXPLORING POETRY WITH ALEXANDRA
WHEN: Saturday, Feb. 23, 10 am - 11:30 am
WHERE: Rooftop conference room, Karma Bird House, 47 Maple St., Burlington. Take the elevator from Maglianero Cafe to the third floor and follow the signs up to the top
HOW TO PAY: On the sign-up form, you can pay the $10 registration fee through PayPal or choose the scholarship option.

SIGN UP HERE!

ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP: Exploring Poetry with Alexandra
In this poetry workshop, we will read other young and diverse poets' work and talk about their styles and how they impact us. Using these poets as inspiration, we will write on subjects that matter to us: race, wealth disparity, education, whatever is on your mind! You'll be exposed to new points of view while also developing your own writing – and learning to be more vulnerable in your poetry.

ABOUT ALEXANDRA CONTRERAS-MONTESANO

Alex is a longtime Young Writers Project writer, a senior at Burlington High School – and the National Student Poet for the Northeast! This is the nation's highest honor for youth poets presenting original work. Alex, known on YWP as angelaweasley, was chosen from among thousands of award-winning poets, and throughout this school year, she is serving as a literary ambassador in the Northeast. YWP is thrilled that Alex will be sharing her passion for poetry and literacy with us! The National Student Poets Program is an initiative in partnership with the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the nonprofit Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, which presents the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. 

Join YWP and Alexandra on Feb. 23 on the Rooftop of the Karma Bird House! 

Don't miss this! SIGN UP TODAY!

Event Date: 
Saturday, February 23, 2019