Just An Average Family

It was an average Friday night at the Ashire house. Mom was sitting on the couch looking at Facebook on her phone, Dad was asleep in the chair, Maria was playing with her toys, and Jackson was in his room watching TV. It was about 9:00 when it happened. Mom was close to falling asleep on the couch when the back door was knocked down by an unknown force. Mom sprang up off the couch and ran to see what happened. Dad was a heavy sleeper, so only the kids heard the scream. Maria quickly shut and locked her door in fear as Jackson sprinted out of his room to see what had happened. Maria heard her brother's organs splatter on the floor, not knowing what was happening. The mysterious figure burst through Maria's door. Dad had woken up at that point. He punched the intruder in the from behind. With his last breaths, Dad yelled for Maria to run away. The man shoved his weapon through the father's stomach as Maria threw the biggest rock from her collection through the half-broken window. Maria jumped out and sprinted as fast as she could away from their home in the middle of nowhere, not knowing what to do. ( To Be Continued..... )