So many opportunities!

With YWP, your work is published in an array of publications and platforms, including our annual anthology; our digital magazine, The Voice; as a "Daily Read" on the front page of our site; and with our media partners.

Where We Publish

youngwritersproject.org

First stop: Your blog on youngwritersproject.org.
If your piece gets noticed, it might be featured as a Daily Read on our front page! 
Watch for comments from your writing friends and mentors.
Anthology

The anthology is Young Writers Project's premier publication, an annual collection of the top writing and art submitted to youngwritersproject.org in one beautiful book.
Upon publication, YWP holds a book launch to honor the published authors and artists.
Interested in buying a copy? $10 if you stop by and pick one up at our office, 47 Maple Street, Suite #216 or $15 for a mailed copy.
Contact Susan Reid: [email protected]; (802) 324-9538
The Voice

Our digital magazine showcases the best writing and art from youngwritersproject.orgRead it here.
Media Partners

Young Writers Project started as a feature in The Burlington Free Press, and we continue to publish a page of YWP writers and photographers in the Free Press, Vermont's largest newspaper, each week. We also publish weekly in the Valley News, covering central Vermont and New Hampshire, and we have a monthly feature of local writers and artists in newspapers around Vermont, including the Addison Independent, the Bradford Journal-Opinion, the Brattleboro Reformer, the Charlotte News, the Rutland Herald (and Rutland Reader), the St. Albans Messenger, and the Times Argus (and Times Argus Extra).

VtDigger.org, an independent news organization covering Vermont, publishes a YWP featured writer and photographer/artist every week. 

Steps to Getting Published

When you go to youngwritersproject.org and click on JOIN, you are taking the first step to becoming published. Read below for all the details...

How to Post Work
Go to youngwritersproject.org and click the JOIN button, upper right. Fill out all the information accurately and choose a user name that does not closely resemble your real name. (Make sure you like it; this will be your identifier on the site.) You'll receive an email notifying you that you've been approved. It might take a day or so. If you're under 13, click here for a parental permission form.

Now that you have an account, log in, double click WRITE at the top of the page, or hover over WRITE and select "create a blog post" from the drop-down menu.

Now, fill out the form. A red asterisk marks required fields. Choose a category to file your piece under (you can select multiple by holding shift while you click), pick a title and write! You can write directly in the body or paste in text. Add images, audio or other media embed with the image icon in the formatting toolbar. If you are writing in response to a challenge, write the challenge in the challenge box. (Or if you're responding directly to a challenge, it will automatically fill that in for you... see below.)

You can submit writing by going directly to the Weekly Challenges list in the top bar of the main page, or go directly to the Weekly Challenges on the right side of the front. Select a challenge, click the WRITE button under the challenge description, and a blog post form will pop up, including the name of the challenge. You'll see other responses here; if not, be the first! You can also click on the challenge headline to see all responses to the prompt.

Along with the weekly challenges, we also have fun pop-up challenges that bounce off the news or are great idea generators. But feel free to post anything, anytime. That's what the "General" challenge is for.

All posts are automatically considered for publication unless you specify "no" at the bottom of the post. Teachers: If you're posting for your students, please fill out the box for the student or "author" name.

Remember to SAVE!
Comments/Feedback
You and your fellow writers and artists can share your feedback -- or comments -- on each other's work.

Go to the Comment box beside each post to share your thoughts about the piece. Read what others have said and engage in a discussion.

Feedback -- the giving and receiving of comments -- is a BIG part of the YWP community. It's fun and rewarding. Please keep your comments civil. You might talk about specific things you noticed about the piece or suggest a next step. You might just want to say, well done!

You can also "love" a piece. Click the heart at the bottom right corner of a writer's blog and they'll feel the love.
How We Select for Publication
A team of editors -- YWP staff, community leaders and mentors -- reviews every piece of writing and art that is submitted to youngwritersproject.org. We look for fresh voice, interesting perspectives, humor, wisdom -- and GREAT STORYTELLING!

You will get a notification if a comment is left on your piece. The editor may also annotate the piece, meaning he or she will leave specific suggestions within the body of your post that only you can see (which will appear as yellow highlights on your post). Annotations help you make very specific improvements to those pieces that YWP readers think have potential for publication or presentation (slams). Everyone deserves a good editor, and that's where the YWP team comes in. Work with us! We want you to be proud! 

Also, check out the Daily Reads, what's been published with our media partners -- and specifically what made it into YWP's showcase, our monthly digital magazine, The Voice.

(Read and hear what YWP writers say about being published.)

Contact Us

Questions about getting published? Contact Susan Reid, YWP Executive Director: [email protected]; (802) 324-9538