My Journey Down the River

When I lived in Alaska I decided to build a raft and ride along the Colville River. The most northern known river in Alaska. Well first it was a big raft. It was like a houseboat, but it was a raft. And so on that raft, I had a balcony. That balcony was all around the house so I had an all around the house view for everything. And so I’m sitting on my balcony and I see a small town. So I think to myself, “Now why in the world would there be a desolate village in North Alaska?”.When I get closer. though, it appears that this is no ordinary village. All the people in the village were holding what appeared to be wands.
 As it turns out, this was a wizard village. They said I was the first Muggle (non wizard) to see this place. By the end of my little detour of the village, I already had a wand, a training book, and some candy. So I went inside my house raft and decided to take a nap next to my plasmaTV. I awoke with a start. I could hear something yelling. Was this yet another wizard village? I asked myself. My curiosity overtook my instincts and I went up to my balcony and looked over to see the commotion. I thought for a second I was delirious, silly, crazy, etc. and yet there in front of me were almost a hundred Dinosaurs, two of each kind. I almost walked over to pet them and ride them and then I saw the two Tyrannosaurus Rex’s and thought better of it. So I went to bed again as it was getting late. Surely I was just seeing things in my head. 

When I woke, I was still pretty sure I was delirious and decided to sit out on my balcony for a little while just to make sure. A few hours go by and still nothing. When I finally am positive I had just been delirious, I got up. Just as I got up though I heard something. It sounded as if it were flying. I looked and sure enough, it was a plane. Wait no planes don’t go over this area, so surely it was a bird. Birds aren’t that big there’s no way. So according to my comic books that meant only one thing. Super Man. But where oh where was he going. My answer came soon enough when Superman landed just around a corner from where I was headed. Filled with excitement, I hurried to the other side of the corner and sure enough, there was a village. Except all of these people looked like they could have been or still was a superhero. So I detoured this town. 

By the time I was done detouring I had more plushies, action figures, and autographs that I couldn’t think to do with. They had never seen a regular human in this village before and no one ever wanted to get the other person's stuff so naturally I was very popular at that time for I liked all of their stuff. Some people say that I went because my parents forced me, some people say that I went to get away from the virus, and other people say I just wanted to get rid of people. Well the truth is I went there because I had heard rumors of the villages I had visited and I didn’t believe a bit of it. So I went just to prove people wrong. Turns out I was wrong.

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy