Tomorrow, I Hope

Tomorrow, I hope adults will realize what they’ve done to this planet. Tomorrow I hope we can fix what generations before ours have done to planet Earth. Climate change is real. There are 16,306 endangered species right now. So many beautiful animals will be gone soon. Turtles, Polar Bears, Pandas, Tigers, Blue Whales, Rhinos, and so many more. The earth is getting hotter. Fire is spreading, the Arctic is melting, there is plastic and trash everywhere. People need to wake up and see what is going on. We are too wrapped up in our own lives that we are not realizing what is happening to our planet. Greta Thunberg. Greta Thunberg is a 16 year old climate activist from Sweden who won the Time magazine Person of the Year. “You are never too young to make a difference” 

I want to live on this planet when I’m old and breathe clean air, to see animals alive and well. I hope we can fix what’s been done. I hope we can eliminate plastic, trash, litter, and pollution.  Tomorrow, I hope the Earth will heal.

Tomorrow, we can fix this It’s not over for the Earth. If we start now, we can fix what has been done. To help, we can, not waste water, recycle, turn lights off in rooms that are not in use, use as little plastic as possible. I encourage you to research things you can do to help. One person, one town, one city, one state, one country, one continent, our world can help to stop this. If we don’t do something, by the year 2050, we will need oxygen masks when we step outside.

Tomorrow, I hope that we fix our planet. We can do this, together. It’s not too late to make a difference.

- By Madeleine Allen, submitted by her teacher Joseph Deffner

Thetford Academy

YWP Instructor

More by Thetford Academy