Rocking Chair with Grandma

“Hello, hello, why is no one answering the phone?”

“ Um, Gram, that is the TV remote-not the phone.”

“Oh my.  I did it again.  I am getting pretty good at doing that, aren’t I ?”

“Yes, you are, but aren’t you going to answer the actual phone ?”

“Yes I will. Hello.”

“Hello, this is Stanley from the car dealership.  You forgot to pay your bill this week so you need to give us $200,000 by the end of the week.”

“Um, I don't own a car ever since I ran into a pole with my car.  I take the stage coach bus now.”

“You must be wrong.  You need to pay the money.”

“I get it.  This is a scam.”

"Why don't we do a puzzle grandma?" 

"Ok.  That sounds good."

Then gram grabbed the puzzle from the kitchen and brought it into the dining room. The two of us sat down and started the puzzle. 

"I started this puzzle last night and it was pretty hard, but you have a good eye for this kind of stuff."

"Yeah that is true grandma."

We did the puzzle for about a half an hour and we had gotten a couple of pieces together but it was pretty hard to do.

"I give up this is really hard."

"Ok.  Then let's play cards, Leanna."

"Ok."

Then we grabbed a deck of cards and played Kings Corner and Pass the Ace. We played both games and it took about thirty minutes or so. Then we made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Then we cleaned up  from lunch and went and grabbed mini ice-cream bars from gram’s freezer. We ate are ice-cream sandwiches and it was about 1:00. Leanna had plans to go to a movie at 6:00 with her Mima and Papa. There were a few hours until Leanna had to go. Gram and Leanna sat down and colored. 

"Gram you did so good at coloring."

"Thank you it is hard because my hand shakes so much, but you do a good job, too."

"Thanks Grandma."

We both picked a page to color and we colored them. We colored for about an hour and then are hands got tired is we had to do something different.We picked up all of the coloring stuff and we went and sat out on the porch. Grandma and I played guess my number, eye spy with my little eye and I went in the pool while gram watched me in the pool. When I got out of the pool and went inside to change, Gram had come in too and sat down in her chair to take a nap.  At around 4:00 gram was still napping, so I played a game on the computer for half an hour and then I read my book for another half an hour. It was about five O'Clock when Grandma woke up from her nap. Then we got up and went to the dining room table and played cards while gram was cooking dinner and then dinner finished and we put the two place settings and condiments. Gram brought the food over and we ate at 5:30. After that, we cleaned up from dinner and washed the table. Then at 5:58 my mom’s parents, Mima and Papa showed up to take me to see the new Aladdin movie. We drove to the theater: and it took about 10 minutes and we went in bought tickets and the best thing at the movie theater popcorn,candy and slushies. 

"Here it comes, Leanna."

"I am so excited to see the movie."

"Did we want to take bets on whether papa will be sleeping through the movie or not, Leanna?"

"He will be."

"Yeah, you are right Leanna."

The movie was about two and a half hours and Papa had fallen asleep an hour into the movie. The movie ended and they brought me home. It was about 8:40 when we got to my house. 

"Hi Mom."

"Hi honey, he was the movie?"

"It was the best."

"Good, I am glad you liked it."

"Thank you for taking me to the movies Mima and Papa. " 

"You’re welcome sweetheart."

"Goodnight, love you."

"Goodnight, love you honey. Dean say you love her."  

"Love you honey."

"Love you."

"Goodnight everyone."

"Goodnight honey."

"Goodnight little Olaf." 

"Goodnight Princess."

Thetford Academy

More by Thetford Academy