Fog

Fog

Fog gently wraps itself around –

everything above the ground,

as the memory of rain plagues the land,

its presence peaceful as it brings silence.

The worries of the day have been washed away,

as time begins to dance with the stars,

casting everything we call ours –

underneath a false light,

one that’s as serene as night.

The calm before the storm is long gone,

but the aftermath is just as beautifully calm.

happy_the_dog

CA

Writer1326

The Voice

March 2024

• Footprints

The snow is falling fast nowThick flakesAlmost like you are alone in the worldJust your heartbeatIn time with wind flowing through the treesBirds flit from berry bushes To nests tucked in the safety o...

• Fog

Fog gently wraps itself around –everything above the ground,as the memory of rain plagues the land,its presence peaceful as it brings silence.The worries of the day have been washed away,as time begin...

• The Difference

"Please explain a tree,"I ask, and beforeThe natural silence of pondering, The chirping of thought as woven melodies,The rotation of gears churning into place, AI answers: “A tree is a tall perennial ...

• Through A Dog's Eyes

Are you happy? Are you sad? I am always wondering the mess of emotions that humans have. One day, Human will be marching home happily. Sometimes he gives me extra treats. Some days he is gruff. Some d...

• Ode To Croissant

O’ my beloved Croissant, Your beauty, grace full of permanent taunt, Croissant's silken surface, Your crunch fulfills my life purpose.O’ my delicate Croissant, Your skeleton strung like a spider web. ...

• Monday

Monday Rejection Run late Elections It’s a Friday Let's lie down We’ll figure It out Anxious And waiting But I can’t start Crying So it just Follows You know How it goes Your laugh My smile Let’s ...

• Oversized Long-sleeve

sipping my ice chailistening to music with earbudswith the fire from a candle spreading a beautiful aroma, lavender with a hint of honeywriting in a notebookflipping through pages of bookshighlighting...

• Nothing is Everything

I wish I could sit high in the sky,Alone within the nothing,Yet everyone in the everythingLaid out before me.I could watch light be cast upon the world,Eyes opening to a fresh day,Warmth shared betwee...

• Sisters – a Set of Three

#1. A Sister's LamentDon’t tell me you didn’t knowthat the shirt you’re wearing is mineand then treat me like the bad guywhen I say “take it off” and you say“ugh, fine.” Don’t tell me the shirt is you...

• This Is What Peace Is

The gentle sway of trees in the wind, golden locks of hair blowing in the breezeSyncing with the cattails in the shallowsThis is what peace is.Air so still that even thoughts seem like an intrusion, a...