Comments

Comment Commented on Posted

I love this particular style of art: simple colors and shapes and subject. Your faces are so expressive and interesting to look at. This is almost like something off a tarot card. I think you should attempt this on a larger scale, perhaps with a colored background or with other celestial bodies inspired by these ones, because this is so graphic and cool and I want to see more!

Day and Night 4 days ago

Intuition as fortune teller is brilliant, I've never heard that -- but that's so true! I think you've hit the nail on the head. I don't know that I always trust my own intuition (there are times it leads me astray, especially when it comes to love or "fun" impulse decisions), but I can appreciate that you've taken a hard stance on it: that even if it's wrong, it's right, because you are being honest with your hopes and your intentions. For the most part, I think it's there to point us in the right direction -- and definitely so, without question, when it comes to the emotion of fear.

Intuition 4 days ago

"Now is a tree, but the future could be a forest." Inspiring words -- they seem to represent a broad and expanding sense of inclusivity that I too like to think is a part of what makes Vermont, Vermont! I also love the lines about weeding the garden, and walking forward toward a new horizon... Your words are never tangled up with twisty or confusing turns of phrase or analogies, and are instead very straightforward in their metaphors and messages. It speaks to the strength of your writing!

Now is a tree 4 days ago

The great power of imagination... There's humor in this, with you one moment scrambling through the woods as a forest animal, the next sleighing dragons. Probably the closest we can ever come to living out our fantasies -- especially when they're of the world of fantasy -- is through our writing and the writing of others, and I'm glad to see you're doing that!

waning moon, fleeing soul 4 days ago

I feel this poem so much. Sometimes we learn harsh truths alongside the important lessons that shape us; actually, that's usually the way of things. There is no even split in the poem: It's the good and the bad all wrapped up together, which is exactly how life presents itself to us. I hope you come away from this year with the brighter memories shining, and the harder facts and observations fading a little bit in the distance. 

What I Learned This Year In School 4 days ago

I would try Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling, and Roll With It by Jamie Sumner

Tiny Write by Fainting Goat, May 12 2024 4 days ago

This is amazing. I had similar feelings when the only bracelet a friend had ever given me broke in a pond, and it was lost to the fish. I hope you start feeling better soon Popcorn. I'm thinking of you.

Just a Bracelet 4 days ago

I love the way you portrayed your message to the reader. I've had a similar feeling before and I could never describe it, but I think I just found out how. 

Just a Bracelet 5 days ago

Thanks, I'm glad your mom's okay now. Thalia says that she also wants to become a neurosurgeon too. 

For Thalia (In honor of what she went through) 5 days ago

This poem gave me goosebumps. You two are both so strong. I cannot imagine what your friend must have been through, though I have experienced something similar with my mom, (she's okay now) and I know how hard it is, especially at such a young age. People like Thalia are the reason I want to become a pediatric oncologist when I grow up. Tell her she's an inspiration, you are a truly talented poet <3

For Thalia (In honor of what she went through) 6 days ago