Comments

Comment Commented on Posted

Sayornis, right now on the website your three distinct airplane shots are presented in a row of three. They look so cool, almost like a sort of triptych! You should try to see if you can get a screenshot before someone posts another photograph/piece of art and disrupts the row.

rise (bright, anew) 1 week ago

Yes, just a whisper at the tail end of golden hour! The contrast of the trees against the clouds is stunning -- and so sharp! I can spot all the individual fronds and spiky leaves reaching out, it's kind of incredible.

a whisper of gold 1 week ago

If this comes from lived experience, then I so wish that your friends could see that you need a shoulder to lean on, too... I'm sorry for what you're going through. I'm not really one to give advice, except to say that it's always okay to ask for help. Sometimes we can't always wait for someone to ask, How are you doing? as much as we desperately want them to. Sometimes, we just have to let people know, unprompted -- and that's okay. You might be surprised at who's ready and willing to offer support once they've shaken off their own woes of the day with a little reminder that their friend is in need. Apart from all that, this is a sensitive and moving poem and will resonate with many who read it.

Therapist Friend 1 week ago

There's something about this that feels particularly lyrical; it reads as if it's meant to be put to music! Strong imagery and interpretations of love throughout, I thought, even if real-life love doesn't always wind up draped in quite the degree of glamour you long for (we're always allowed to dream).

Cigarettes After Sex make my heart ache every time I hear them, no matter what mood I'm in!

Daydreams 1 week ago

We have a similar idea of what peace looks and sounds like: birdsong in a quiet, flowery field on a warm day. This left me sighing a dreamy sigh. Apart from political and social peace (that deserves its own discussion, of course), it's so interesting to think that where you are in the world would dictate what you would imagine for your own peace, your "meadow," I'd assume. Or do you think a meadow is almost a universal fantasy, a kind of heaven that most everyone pictures, whether you grow up in the desert, in the rainforest, by the sea? Huh!

Peace 1 week ago

The only constant in life is change: I have to remind myself of that nearly every day. But sometimes -- sometimes! -- it is a great comfort. With sort of with the same meaning as, This too shall pass, I suppose (I'm full of cliches today). So when you say it is both horrifying and beautiful, I think that's exactly the way to put it. Likening your life changes to the ephemeral quality of the seasons (joy in the form of birdsong, joy taking its leave) is sage.

Change? 1 week ago

Yours is the kind of writing that invites someone to plop down in a big armchair and get lost in! Your descriptions flow with such an ease and an airiness: I didn't trip over a single word, or wonder why you'd made any particular choice. I guess that's to say, it all made perfect sense, the direction you took the story and the language you used to bring the reader along with you. Creative take on both the idea of the wishing well, and that turn of phrase: Be careful what you wish for!

The Wishing Well 1 week ago

Great examples as part of a definition -- they really highlight a unique part of your personality, it sounds like. I'd never have thought of "extemporizer" as a version of extemporize, but it's kind of hilarious, and I wish it were a real word. 

Extemporize 1 week ago

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear it :)

Things I've Noticed From AP Capstone; Class of 2024 1 week ago

Thank you so much!

Persephone 1 week ago